PMP 0415 - PMI Agile Certified Practitioner
Agile has become increasingly important and popular in companies, government agencies, and organizations that need to respond to ever-shorter product delivery cycles to meet rapidly changing business and IT environments.
With the rapid adoption of Agile project management across all industries, the interest in agile certification continues to grow, and the Project Management Institute (PMI)® now offers the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® credential. The number of PMI-ACP® holders is multiplying with a 30% increase in the past year.
The PMI-ACP® credential distinguishes itself from others by requiring credential holders to:
- Demonstrate project and agile experience
- Receive formal training
- Pass a comprehensive exam
This course is focused on preparing students to take the PMI-ACP® exam and covers the 7 Domains and 11 Toolkit Areas, as well as the knowledge and skills required by PMI. The course includes formal lectures and exercises demonstrating the values and principles of Agile methodologies and relevant tools and techniques. Students are exposed to several hundred practice questions intended to simulate the exam.
This course is compliant with project management standards contained in: The current version of "A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)", Project Management Institute (PMI)®, (http://www.pmi.org) and the current version of the Agile Practice Guide, PMI.
Participants are introduced to Agile project management's essential skills, knowledge, tools, and techniques. Emphasis is placed on gaining practical experience with tools and techniques that help ensure successful project performance. Course topics covered include:
+ Agile Principles and Mindset
- Interpersonal Skills
+ Agile Methodologies
- Agile Practice
- eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Other Agile Methodologies
+ A Product Driven Approach
- Value-Driven Delivery
- Planning & Monitoring
- Product Quality
- Measuring Performance
+ Agile Leadership
- Stakeholders & Communication
- Team Performance
- Adaptive Planning
+ Problem Detection & Continuous Improvement
BOOK: Students are required to purchase the following textbook: The PMI-ACP Exam: How To Pass On Your First Try, Iteration 3 (Test Prep series) Paperback, April 1, 2018, by Andy Crowe PMP PgMP (Author). Available at major booksellers.
- 12 months working on project teams. These hours must have been earned within the last five years;
- 8 months working on agile project teams; and
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices.
+ Designed For
This course is designed for experienced Agile practitioners that want to prepare to take the PMI-ACP® exam. Participants should meet the general project and Agile practices requirements before taking this class. Students may use the contact hours in this class to fulfill their Agile training requirements.
This course may be of interest to professionals who:
- Have their PMP® credential and want to expand their skillset and expertise
- Have taken Mason’s Intermediate Agile Project Management course and are interested in pursuing their PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® credential
- Are tasked with managing large-scale and integrated IT projects and systems
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner : PMI Agile Certified Practitioner